There are many ways a parent can be involved at Bethlehem. Each year a sheet is sent home in the registration packet asking for help in different areas of the school: Tutoring, Library Assistant, Lunch Helpers, Reading Partners, Picture Day Helper, Forensics Coach, Scholastic Olympics Helper, Fall Auction helper or donation, etc. We hope you can find the time to help make your school a better place.
Parents also can help different classes with the following duties: planning classroom parties, attending class field trips, and arranging for help with classroom activities. Seventh grade parents are expected to help coordinate the eighth grade graduation reception.
Parent Teacher League
PTL is another way to help out. ALL PARENTS are members of PTL. The objective of PTL is to provide an opportunity for the parents and teachers to work together for the general welfare of the students. Events sponsored by the PTL are:
- Back to School Night - August
- Back to school family welcome - first day of school
- Fall Gala (Auction) - September
- Fall Fundraiser - Oct/November
- Craft & Vendor Sale - November
- Shop with Santa - December
- Christmas Bags - December
- National Lutheran Schools Week - January
- 5th& 6th Grade Boys Basketball Tournament - February
- 7th & 8th Grade Girls Basketball Tournament - February
- Parenting/Student Informational Sessions
- Game Night - Winter/Spring
- Valentines Day/St. Patrick's Day Treats
- Fun Fair - Spring
- School Picnic - June
- Teacher Recognition & Appreciation - all year
Other Ways To Help
Every Day - Pray for our students and staff
Attend Parent-Teacher Conferences
Help your students with their work
Be an informed parent by reading the weekly newsletter
Volunteer in the cafeteria or in a classroom.
This site tells you everything you need to know about Box Tops for Education. Bethlehem receives over $1000.00 each year through this program. Please add the app to your phone and scan your receipts.
Keep your soda caps or Rewards codes so that Bethlehem can get some really great school supplies. You can set up your own account and donate them to Bethlehem or you can just bring in the caps and codes and drop them off in the front lobby and we will enter them for you.